Yoga is a group of physical, spiritual, and mental exercises that originated in ancient India. Truth be told is that nowadays more and more people are practicing yoga and mainly not for spiritual purpose but the benefits it possesses to the body. Ranging from relieving stress, to improving physical fitness, it is a must try to many. This practice is all about toning the body, brain, headstands, and even having happiness and joy. With everyone having long days at work or wherever one needs something that can calm all this. Long story cut short; Yoga is quite something for anyone
Origin of Yoga
India is the origin of Yoga and started as an ancient practice way back in 3000BC. It was developed as a gateway to bridging harmony between the heart and soul on the path to divine enlightenment. As time passed what was discovered from the practice is that it could cure a number of illnesses like diabetes, blood pressure and many more. Yoga has now spread all over the globe and has cleaved into many different schools of teaching and avenues.
Types of yoga
There are 6 main kinds of yoga and they include:
- Hatha Yoga-It is most common in the USA and it is referred to as the yoga of force. It entails physical postures and breathing with the objective of strengthening and purifying the body
- Iyengar yoga- It is a fluid and dancelike type of yoga that focusses on alignment. Props are used for this type of yoga e.g. chairs and mats in order to help you get into a posture you wouldn’t on your own.
- Ashtanga yoga- It is an intense and fast-paced type of yoga designed to improve your strength and endurance. You perform a chain of postures in one continuous and flowing movement.
- Bikram Yoga- this type of yoga is practiced in an “inferno-like” room. It entails 26 postures that you can practice twice per session. You start this type of yoga with standing and balance possess followed by back bends, forward bends and twisting postures.
- Restorative yoga- The main focus of this type is not the active postures but the relaxation part.
- Kripalu yoga- It is a gentler and slower moving style of yoga and falls between the restorative genre and the more vigorous forms.
Benefits of Yoga.
Since yoga was discovered, it hasn’t turned back to its endless benefits. With an endless list of benefits, yoga is no longer seen as a spiritual practice but a lifestyle. Some of the benefits include:
- It improves one’s level of concentration
- Aids with weight management
- It improves your posture
- While doing yoga, you can unlock your stuck emotions.
- You will have steamier sex
- Yoga helps you to boost self-confidence
- Yoga helps the body to detoxify and improves the organ functions.
- Yoga increases your body flexibility and body
- Yoga helps to relieve stress
- It makes your body stronger
- It makes you stronger
- Yoga practice helps to relieve chronic pain with those living with various diseases such as cancer, hypertension, etc.